Sponsored by BSN Sports
Week Six Power Rankings
- Man remains in the Top 5 as we do not believe many other programs in Class A are staying within two touchdowns of Wheeling CC
- Moorefield has quietly taken care of business in the EP. Their only loss has been to (AA) #10 Frankfort thus their slow rise to #5
- Doddridge Co. continued their reign over Ritchie Co. and is rewarded with their highest ranking of the season
- Midland Trail drops only as formality of other team’s stock
- Tyler Consolidated blasts into the Top 13 after a very impressive 38-0 win over Wirt Co.
- Greenbrier West, Buffalo, Wahama, and Summers Co. remain right on the edge of the Top 13
- Yes, Fairmont Senior remains #1 with a losing record. Not sure any other team in AA has a better record against their schedule thus far. However, they are in dangerous playoff position point-wise.
- Herbert Hoover’s consistent dominance must be paid attention. It is a fair criticism to judge the quality of their competition this far but business has been taken care of regardless.
- Keyser has a valid claim to #1 but we might need to wait for Fairmont-RCB to get a clearer picture
- Bluefield drops to #5 as playing only one game this far will be an absolute disadvantage in terms of conditioning and chemistry
- The next 8 remain unchanged except Mingo Central’s fight with Poca proved they should be bubble playoff team despite their record
- Spring Valley’s domination of South Charleston puts them in a position to springboard to #2 with a win over Huntington. However, all southern contenders look very far away from Martinsburg.
- University has won the belt as “Most Underrated”. The Hawks have put up two elite wins over Wheeling Park and Fairmont Senior in impressive fashion.
- Bridgeport and South Charleston lose some credibility with a Morgantown loss to Woodrow Wilson as well as less than ideal outcomes for Top 5 AAA teams
- Jefferson and George Washington remain neck and neck
- Hurricane, Princeton, and Musselman seem to be the next three out after Wheeling Park. However, arguments could be made for Parkersburg, Parkersburg South, and Capital.